Your main role will be to carry out administrative work on behalf of the General Manager of DounoTech, in order to free up his time from organisation and administrative tasks so that he can spend the maximum amount of time on strategic tasks.
Responsibilities typically include:
- Act as first point of contact: handle correspondence and phone calls
- Managing agendas and arranging meetings and appointments, often by controlling access to the manager/manager
- Book and organize travel, transportation and accommodation
- Organization of events and conferences
- Remind the Director General of important tasks and deadlines
- Type, compile and prepare reports, presentations and correspondence
- Manage databases and filing systems
- Research and information gathering
- Implement and maintain administrative systems and procedures
- Liaise with staff, suppliers and customers
- Collection and filing fees
- Various tasks to support the Director General, which will vary depending on the Director’s sector and mission, e.g. completing certain corporate governance reports (to ensure that the company is well managed and complies with laws and regulations) or to conduct research.
- Fluency in English. French would be an asset
- Knowledge of the use of the Internet and Microsoft Office.
- Experience using social media sites, primarily Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram.
- Google Docs would be a plus, but not necessary.
- Discretion and reliability: you will often be a part of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Communication skills
- The ability to learn company-specific software if necessary.
Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a similar role as a secretary, office administrator or personal assistant.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Foreign Languages or Business Administration
- Candidates must be based in Kano, Nigeria
- Applicants must have access to their own laptops and the Internet.
How to apply:
- To apply for this position, please complete this form.