Your main role will be to carry out administrative work on behalf of the general manager of DounoTech, so as to free up his time from organizing and administrative tasks so that he can spend maximum time on strategic tasks.
Responsibilities typically include:
- acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- managing diaries and organizing meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the manager/executive
- booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
- organizing events and conferences
- reminding the general manager of important tasks and deadlines
- typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- managing databases and filing systems
- researching and collecting information
- implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- collating and filing expenses
- miscellaneous tasks to support the general manager, which will vary according to the sector and to the manager’s remit, e.g. completing some corporate governance reporting (to ensure that the business is being run properly and complying with legislation and regulations) or conducting research.
- Working proficiency in English. French would be a plus
- Knowledgeable in the use of the internet and Microsoft Office.
- Experience using social media sites, mainly Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram.
- Google Docs would be a plus but not necessary.
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Communication skills
- The ability to learn company-specific software if required.
At least 2 years experience working in a similar role, as a secretary, office admin or Personal Assistant.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Foreign Languages or Business Administration
- Candidates must be based in Kano, Nigeria
- Candidates must have access to their own laptop and internet.
How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, please apply via by filling this form.